Residential Tree Services

Residential tree services

Building a house? Renovating or developing your property? Need detailed information about trees on your property? Making an application for your land? Our residential tree services can help you.

P & A’s residential tree services include trees on private residences, recreational properties, condominiums, rental apartments, and townhouse complexes. We offer a variety of services to help you make applications to local governments, identify at-risk tree species, or evaluate damage and overall health of the trees on your property.

If you need an Arborist Report, Tree Permit Report, Tree Protection Plan, or other types of arborist and forestry reports, P & A Urban Forestry Consulting can help. With over 35 years of experience in the forestry industry, we know how to navigate difficult bylaws, reporting, applications, governments, and property rights.

Residential Tree Services By P & A

The residential tree services we provide are:

  • Arborist Report and Tree Permit Report creation and Municipal application form preparation
  • To meet the needs of the planning/building department, we can provide tree protection recommendations for new building or addition construction while addressing the tree protection policies and bylaws of the municipality
  • Butternut Health Assessment  and Reporting Service
  • Short term and long term projected maintenance work
  • Insect and disease diagnosing
  • Tree inventory, assessment and suggested maintenance or removal
  • Pre- and post-storm evaluation
  • Reconstructing older landscapes while meeting the tree protection policies and bylaws of the municipality
  • Tree planting consultation and written post-planting maintenance program
  • Increasing curb appeal prior to listing your property for sale
  • Review of the trees’ conditions if you are considering tree removal and making the application to the municipality on your behalf for the removal permit process
  • For properties with Site Plan Agreements we can help verify the existing landscapes

If you need any reporting done on your residential property, P & A can help. Contact us for residential tree services today!


Prior to considering any tree removal, always check the local municipal website or contact them to see if there is a Private Tree Protection Bylaw. Verify that the location of the tree in question is within your property line before considering any work.